This ready to cook Tree Tomato Risotto by Druk Metro is a blend of Organic Flowers, Red Rice and Spices from Bhutan.
Juicy, sweet and citric, Tree-tomato is a small oval-shaped fruit also known as Tamarillo. They are packed with vitamins A, C, E and pro-vitamin A. It has a good source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. Other nutrients in tree-tomato are carbohydrates, protein, fat, calcium, potassium and sodium. It also contains minerals such as, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron. It is fortified with many nutrients that help improve the immune system.
Red Rice, Tree Tomato, Garlic, Coriander, Spring Onion, Red Chili, Edible Flower (Cornflower and Calendula)
Risotto Preparation (serves 2) cooking time +/- 20min
1. Heat approximately 1 litre of vegetable stock and keep to the side
2. In a separate pan, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive ol and gently fry the risotto mix for 2mins.
3. Deglaze the pan with 50ml of white wine and continue to stir.
4. Once the alcohol has evaporated, add just enough hot vegetables stock to cover the mix.
5. Continuously stirring throughout, add hot stock periodically until the mix is al dente (apx. 750ml)
6. When al dente, fold a generous knob of butter into risotto
7. Serve on a warm plate, sprinkled with the Druk Meto garnish and parmesan cheese on top.
About the producer:
Druk Metho (Dragon Flower) wants to help reverse the trend of rural-urban migration by developing more lucrative and diverse livelihoods for rural farming communities and empowering women in the villages. Valuable edible flowers will be grown by the Drachukha Flower Group and processed by Druk Metho in partnership for export to Switzerland as well as for local value-addition.
Druk Metho will be the first EU-certified organic farm in Bhutan, making an important contribution to the country’s goal to go 100% organic.