Blended with Organic Flowers, Red Rice and Spices from Bhutan, this wild mushroom risotto by Druk Metho is a delicious, original meal.
Red Rice, Wild Mushrooms (Shiitake and Oyster), Garlic, Coriander, Spring Onion, Red Chili, Edible Flower (Calendula and Cornflower)
Risotto Preparation (serves 2) cooking time +/- 20min
1. Heat approximately 1 litre of vegetable stock and keep to the side
2. In a separate pan, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive ol and gently fry the risotto mix for 2mins.
3. Deglaze the pan with 50ml of white wine and continue to stir.
4. Once the alcohol has evaporated, add just enough hot vegetables stock to cover the mix.
5. Continuously stirring throughout, add hot stock periodically until the mix is al dente (apx. 750ml)
6. When al dente, fold a generous knob of butter into risotto
7. Serve on a warm plate, sprinkled with the Druk Meto garnish and parmesan cheese on top.
About the producer:
Druk Metho (Dragon Flower) wants to help reverse the trend of rural-urban migration by developing more lucrative and diverse livelihoods for rural farming communities and empowering women in the villages. Valuable edible flowers will be grown by the Drachukha Flower Group and processed by Druk Metho in partnership for export to Switzerland as well as for local value-addition.
Druk Metho will be the first EU-certified organic farm in Bhutan, making an important contribution to the country’s goal to go 100% organic.